In our nearly 80 year history, we have become experts in banking and financial services law, both as general counsel and special counsel. We currently represent more than a dozen financial institutions.
As a financial institution, your goal is to establish mutually beneficial relationships with your customers. To help you do so, we focus on providing competent, prompt and efficient legal services at reasonable costs.
Loan Documentation and Closing
We are experienced in assisting our financial institution clients in documenting and closing new loans. Our attorneys have worked on all types of loans, with a focus on commercial real estate and asset-based loans.
- Commitment letter and loan document preparation
- Title and collateral document review
- Loan closing supervision
- Legal opinions on loan enforcement and other loan issues
- Documentation of existing loan modification or extension
Enforcement, Collections, and Workouts
We work closely with financial institutions in enforcement, collections, or workouts of loans. This work often involves litigation—something our lawyers practice daily. The firm has long enjoyed a successful trial practice. Our litigation expertise combined with our general banking, commercial, and real estate law expertise works in our clients’ favor. We are proficient at collecting and enforcing loans on behalf of our clients. Because of these efforts, our financial institution clients can minimize losses and realize the benefits of the loans or other services they provide.
Compliance and General Business Advice
Our firm has decades of experience offering compliance and general business advice. A few focus areas for financial institutions include:
- Counsel concerning policy and procedure compliance with many different state and federal banking statutes, rules, and regulations
- Assistance forming policies and procedures
- General business law practice, including holding company formations, mergers, acquisitions, dissolutions, participation in different ventures, employment matters, securities law compliance, and real estate transactions, including the sale of REO properties and leases
We also provide general legal counsel for various businesses, including real estate developers and investors. Much of this work involves:
- Reviewing with our clients all aspects of various transactions
- Helping clients to understand and negotiate various types of financing, including conduit lending involving commercial mortgage backed securities
- Helping our clients establish borrowing and other banking relationships with our numerous financial institution contacts.