- J.D., DePaul University School of Law, 1971
- B.A., St. Joseph’s College (Indiana), 1968
- Brother Rice High School, 1964
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
Professional Work and Civic Activities
Jack was a frequent lecturer for the Illinois State Bar Association, and lectured across the state on topics such as products liability, Structural Work Act, and compensatory and punitive damages. He also served as an arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association.
Notable Cases and Accomplishments
- American Nat’l Bank & Trust Co. v. Columbus-Cuneo-Cabrini Medical Center, 154 Ill. 2d 347 (1992).
- Becker v. R. E. Cooper Corp., 193 Ill. App. 3d 459 (3rd Dist. 1990).
- Canter v. Chuhart, 100 Ill. App. 2d 316 (1st Dist. 1968).
- Dawson v. W. & H. Voortman, Ltd., 864 F. Supp. 77 (N.D. Ill. 1994).
- Fedt v. Oak Lawn Lodge, Inc., 132 Ill. App. 3d 1061 (1st Dist. 1985).
- Ikenn v. Northwestern Memorial Hospital, 73 Ill. App. 3d 694 (1st Dist. 1979).
- Kjellesvik v. Commonwealth Edison Co., 73 Ill. App. 3d 773, (1st Dist. 1979).
- Loehr v. Illinois Bell Telephone Company, 21 Ill. App. 3d 555 (1st Dist. 1974).
- Lowrie v. City of Evanston, 50 Ill. App. 3d 376 (1st Dist. 1977).
- Loyola University of Chicago v. Humana Insurance Co., 996 F.2d 895 (7th Cir. 1993).
- McCarty v. Verson Allsteel Press Co., 89 Ill. App.3d 498 (1st Dist. 1980).
- McCormick v. Uppuluri, 250 Ill. App. 3d 386 (1st Dist. 1993).
- O’Brien v. Township High School Dist. 214, 73 Ill. App. 3d 618 (1st Dist. 1979).
- O’Brien v. Township High School Dist. 214, 83 Ill.2d 462 (1980).
- Oudshoorn v. Warsaw Trucking Co., Inc., 38 Ill. App. 3d 920 (1st Dist. 1976).
- Resolution Trust Corp. v. Gallagher, 815 F. Supp. 1107 (N.D. Ill. 1993).
- Resolution Trust Corp. v. Gallagher, 800 F. Supp. 595 (N.D. Ill. 1992).
- Roy v. Coyne, 259 Ill. App. 3d 269 (1st Dist. 1994).
- Stromberger v. 3M Co., 990 F.2d 974 (7th Cir. 1993).
Jack was born August 6, 1941 in Evergreen Park, Illinois. He lived in Orland Park with his wife