Tim is the President and Managing Partner of Ruff, Freud, Breems & Nelson Ltd. He began his legal career at RFBN as a law clerk in 1982 and accepted a full time position after law school in 1985. Tim’s practice includes banking and financial services; general corporate and commercial matters; real estate transactions; business transactions; title insurance claims defense; commercial litigation; estate planning; and trust and estate administration services.
- J.D., Loyola University School of Law, 1985
- B.S., DePaul University, Business Administration, 1982
- Chicago Christian High School, 1979
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Honors & Awards
- Hon. Henry Gentile Memorial Scholarship, Loyola University School of Law
- Salutatorian, Chicago Christian High School
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
Professional Work and Community Service
- Chairman, Board of Directors, Hoyne Savings Bank
- Chairman, Board of Directors, Providence Life Services
- Adjunct Professor, Business and Contract Law, Trinity Christian College
- Former President, Board of Southwest Chicago Christian School Association
Tim was born and raised in the Chicago area. In high school, he met Eva and married her a month after graduating from college. Their daughter, Jennifer, was born on Tim’s last day of law school classes. Tim is delighted to be practicing law with his daughter, Jennifer, and count her as a colleague at RFBN. Tim and Eva also have a son, Tim, Jr. After forming a successful real estate business, Tim, Jr. decided to follow in his father and sister’s footsteps and is currently studying the law at the University of Chicago Law School. Tim, Sr. and Eva live in Palos Heights.