Monica began her legal career as an associate with Ruff, Freud, Breems & Nelson Ltd. In those years, she concentrated on litigation matters. She went on to practice litigation in a larger firm and also developed her practice counseling business clients. In 2017, she re-joined the firm as a partner with a primary focus on counseling to business owners and entrepreneurs in the hospitality, commercial development and technology fields. Her current practice includes representation and advising of clients in banking and financial services, general corporate and commercial matters, real estate sales and leases, business transactions, securities, and litigation.
- J.D., Loyola University of Chicago School of Law, 2002
- B.A., the University of Michigan â€“ History, 1999
- Bronx High School of Science, 1995
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Academic Scholarship, Loyola University School of Law
- Academic Scholarship, the University of Michigan â€“ Ann Arbor
Professional Work and Community Service
- Lincoln Park Community Shelter
Monica was born and raised in New York City. While a student at the University of Michigan, she played right wing on the womenâ€™s rugby team. She moved to Chicago to attend law school, and has remained since then. Monica has competed in dozens of long and short form triathlons all over the country. She has completed an Ironman triathlon, and recently placed third among all women in the Chicago Triathlon. She lives in Lincoln Park with her husband.